• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC drops out backgrounds in viewing

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is more a Viewing PDF issue but that was not an option.

Since upgrading to DC, pdfs I make from Adobe products look fine in preview or in email attachment BUT when opened in Acrobat most of the background is missing. So when I have a white headline on a strong color, I now have a big block of white.  I cannot trust these.

Granted, I have replaced my hard drive after it started to go, but I have restored,  uninstalled all adobe programs and started the reinstall process with Acrobat. When I tried opening a recent pdf, the same issue is there.

Below is an older file I know is fine. Now opening in DC, half of it is missing in the view.

Any ideas?  Uninstall/Reinstall is not the solution.

iMac running El Capitan using current Adobe software.

Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 8.39.50 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-01-28 at 8.40.32 AM.png

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your preferences, overprint preview should be on, (Preferences> General> Page Display> Use Overprint Preview: Always).

If that doesn't help, you could try resetting your preferences. How to reset Preference settings in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good thought but it makes no difference. Still no backgrounds showing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should probably contact support. How does your PDF look in Reader?

I have never used it, but you could try a clean re-install, here is a link to the Acrobat install cleaner: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

If you are on a Mac, I would also use Disk Utility to repair permissions before the re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines