• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Forms Radio Buttons

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a document approval process that needs 4 possibly 5 people to sign off a document. I've created a very simple document approval form whereby there is an Approved yes/no radio button for each indiviual that needs to approve the document. I've used show/hide for each radio button so that if "yes" is clicked against a name (x, y...), "date" (x1, y1...), "name" (x2, y2...) and "signature" (x3, y3...) fields will show for that name only and the remainder will appear hidden. This works well however, once the next individual who needs to sign off the document clicks on the appicable "yes" button, the previous signature is hidden. My question is...How can I make such that if a "yes" button has been selected, the fields associated with that button remian visible if previously completed...bascially I'm looking for something like If radio button x = yes, then show fields X1, x2 and x3 and if rado button y = yes, then show fields y1, y2 and y3 and so on. I hope this makes sense. All answers gratefully received. Many thanks in advance    

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use this code as radio button MouseUp event:
if(event.target.value != "Off"){
this.getField("y1").display = display.visible
this.getField("y2").display = display.visible
this.getField("y3").display = display.visible;}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's absolutely great. Thank you. Second question, can I make the "Yes" radio button stick once selected and if so, how do I do it please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "stick"? 

If you mean that you want it to remain checked when another button is selected then give them diff name. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, as simple as that! Again, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not so simple on trying this...I'm using the radio buttons for an Accepted Yes / No option. What I want is that if Yes is selected, it stays selected and the No option cann't be selected. Is this possible please?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've revised my thinking slightly now. As I stated in my original query, the document has to be approved by 4 or 5 different people. Thanks to the help I've been given, I've managed to set the form up so that if the "yes" radio button next to an approver is selected, the corresponding fields for "name", "date" and "digital signature" show up and can be completed. What I want to do now is that once the approver has digitally signed against his name, the corresponding yes / no radio button is disabled and the completed fields remain on display if that's possible. I hope this makes sense. Basically:-

Engineering manager non approval - "em no" radio button selected and "em date", "em name" and "em signature" fields do not show

Engineering manager approval - "em yes" radio button selected and "em date", "em name" and "em signature" fields show, then once the "em signature field has been digitally signed, the "em yes / no" radio button is disabled.

Many thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by disabled, unchecked?

Didn't this post have been marked already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By disabled, I mean I want the yes/no radio button to remain at the yes selection and that it then cannot be changed / used 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add code to sign field, in the signed tab it will make radio button readonly once field is signed:

this.getField("Radio Button").readonly = true;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's brilliant, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines