• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC crashing - adding headers

New Here ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tl;dr - Acrobat Pro DC is inconsistently crashing while I'm adding page headers and footers. Here -  Dropbox - acrobat-crash-report.txt - is the crash log.

I'm working with a large (~120) number of PDFs, from disparate sources, and adding page headers and footers to them. This is done in four separate operations, as the even and odd page headers differ in position and content, and the even and odd page footers differ in position.

I add the page headers first, then the page footers.

Acrobat Pro DC (details below) running on a MacBook Pro (10.11.4) crashes on about 30% of the files when I try to add the second page header.

Architecture: x86_64

Build: 15.16.20039.185268

AGM: 4.30.63

CoolType: 5.14.5

JP2K: 1.2.2.36256

The crash log can be found here: Dropbox - acrobat-crash-report.txt​

Once I restart Acrobat and successfully apply the second page header (which happens in one try MOST of the time, but sometimes it crashes again and I need to try again), the footers apply without issue.

Hopefully this will help to diagnose the issue, and produce a fix. This is really annoying. I've learned to save my work after applying the first page header, so that if it crashes while applying the second, I haven't lost what I've already done.

(And no, I've not found an easier way to do what I need to do. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place. If something out there says, "Jeez, he's doing that the hard way..." reach out and let me know the easier way to do this.)

Thank you.

Best,

Stephen

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Hi Stephen,

With our latest update released on Oct 11, 2016 - this issue has been fixed.

15.020.20039 Planned update, October 11, 2016 — Acrobat and Adobe Reader Release Notes 

Please apply the latest patch by visiting Help > Check for Updates from within the product.

Thanks,

Onkesh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the detailed report.

And, apologies for the issue that is restricting you to perform your task.

The issue has been forwarded to the development team and they are trying to reproduce the issue at their end.

Any new findings will be reported here on the forum.

In the mean time, if you have any more information regarding the issue, feel free to post here.

Thanks,

Onkesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

With our latest update released on Oct 11, 2016 - this issue has been fixed.

15.020.20039 Planned update, October 11, 2016 — Acrobat and Adobe Reader Release Notes 

Please apply the latest patch by visiting Help > Check for Updates from within the product.

Thanks,

Onkesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update did not work for me, what did is that I figured out I when I right clicked on the file in windows explorer and pick edit with Adobe Acrobat it did not crash. I tested a few times. Simply opening the file by double clicking on it brings you to the cloud format which crashes the header. When you click on edit with adobe acrobat in the file drop menu it opens up as if the software was installed directly on your computer and allows you to edit the header.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That update was 5 years ago! What exact version of the app do you now run?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the the update as instructed and the latest one that it did was 2015 Release(Continuous) Version 2015.009.20077. I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a six year old update.  Very very out of date. And even older than the original discussion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines