Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat SDK Xcode Warning: Possible misuse of comma operator here etc

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am trying to compile the c++ samples from the Acrobat SDK in Xcode on a Mac and I get several warnings from Xcode like: "Possible misuse of comma operator here" and also "Non-portable path to file '".."'; specified path differs in case from file name on disk". Looks like the SDK has not been updated to deal with changes in Xcode for a long time. Anybody else who have experienced this?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

You need to use the version of XCode that was used to create Acrobat (and the SDK) – newer versions are not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use the version of XCode that was used to create Acrobat (and the SDK) – newer versions are not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I can see that I should have explained a little better what my problem is.

I agree that I should have used an older version, but that is not possible. Or at least it is difficult to get it to work. The samples of todays version of the SDK was created with Xcode 5.1.1. which came out in 2014.  This version is not supported by the version of OS X that I have on my Mac. It will simply not run on it. I can of course run an older version of the OS on a VM. But my second problem then is that I was planning to use a third party library that is of course not supported by this older version of Xcode...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further more I tried to create a VM of Yosemite to get Xcode 5.1.1 running. Everything fine until I tried to install latest version of Acrobat Pro DC which will not install on Yosemite for some reason...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The latest version of Acrobat DC requires 10.11 or later, Yosemite is 10.10 I believe.

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the project to compile after a while. The plugin works when I copy it to Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/DC/Plug-ins folder. Also, I got debugging to work after I setup Acrobat as an executable in the scheme.

But I have not figured out how to copy the binary to the Plug-ins folder from Xcode ? I am clearly doing something wrong here as I do not quite understand how xcconfig things are working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest I gave up on getting xcode to do that. I use a shell script to do an xcode build then the script installs as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, the BasicPlugin sample is set up to run a script post build in the file MacCopyToPlugins.sh that does copy to plugins folder. Just uncomment the lines in the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines