Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Action Wizard to change images

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!

I have a pdf (well several) that contains an image box.  Is it possible to use either java script or the action wizard to:

1 - replace the image with the next image in a file,

2 - save the pdf as a new pdf

3 - save the new pdf as a jpeg

4 - repeat indefinitely until all the jpeg have been used and all the pdfs/jpegs have been created?

Would LOVE input!

Peggie

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "the next image in a file", exactly?

JavaScript can't replace images, by the way. It can redact an image (if its location is known in advance, as it can't locate it, either) and then insert a new image using a button field, for example, and flatten it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sooo....maybe I need to redact the jpeg and insert a new image?

Can I design a script that will do that?

I know where the jpeg(s) are located, but I want to repeat this over and over redacting and inserting a different jpeg each time.  Is that even possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only if the location and file-names of the images are known in advance. For example, if you want to import C:\Images\01.jpg into page 1, C:\Images\02.jpg into page 2, etc.

It's very hard to say for sure whether this task can be scripted without seeing the file in question. Can you share it with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines