Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add email button with icon

Engaged ,
Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to add a button at the end of my PDF doc to send the doc.

I shell use :addField ith "button" as the fieldType.

How can I specify the following:

• set layout to: Icon top, label bottom
  • set label to "send form"
  • set and icon to a specific png file
  • set the action to "Submit a form"
  • Set Select Trigger to "Mouse Up"

Or perhaps to see all this, how can i see ALL the form and it's function properties? this would allow me to see the proper properties to set.

Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

The main idea of a forum is to help people find solutions, not to do their work for them...

It's really not that difficult to find what you're looking for. I'll help you with those items you asked about:

• set layout to: Icon top, label bottom -> The buttonPosition property of the Field object.
  • set label to "send form" -> The buttonSetCaption method of the Field object.
  • set and icon to a specific png file -> The buttonSetIcon or buttonImportIcon methods of the Field object.
  • set the action to "Submit a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should download the Acrobat JavaScript API Reference and study it, especially the part about the properties and methods associated with the Field object. It's all there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have...

I was hoping that someone who is very familiar with these functions can help me and save me from reading all of it and trying to study it thoroughly.

It this not the main idea of a forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main idea of a forum is to help people find solutions, not to do their work for them...

It's really not that difficult to find what you're looking for. I'll help you with those items you asked about:

• set layout to: Icon top, label bottom -> The buttonPosition property of the Field object.
  • set label to "send form" -> The buttonSetCaption method of the Field object.
  • set and icon to a specific png file -> The buttonSetIcon or buttonImportIcon methods of the Field object.
  • set the action to "Submit a form" -> Not possible. You can only assign a JS command using a script. But you can use JS to submit the document, using the submitForm method of the Document object.
  • Set Select Trigger to "Mouse Up" -> The setAction method of the Field object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In many cases a forum is a shortcut that helps people unable or unwilling to use the documentation. You will find programmers take a very different view and you must be prepared to read thousands of pages. We can help you find what to read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With all due respect  -  and thank you again for helping me out with the adding image function, but from that doc itself (which I just now learned about thanks to this post:

Who should read this guide?

This document is intended for users familiar with core JavaScript 1.6. The intended audience includes, but is not limited to, authors of interactive PDF documents, form designers of intelligent documents, and Acrobat plug-in developers.

Some of us are just lowly designers, administrative assistants & hardware engineers not very "familiar with core JavaScript 1.6". So please forgive us for not having the time to pour over 769 pages of a moderately advanced coding handbook, and having made the poor life decisions to not devote our lives to various software frameworks! 

If you want to help folks out, awesome, I know I do on the forums I have an expertise in - and I don't toot my own horn very often, but I've had companies bigger than Adobe reach out to me for development imput because of my forum activity - but I'm not in there insinuating that complete n00bs should go to night school before posting! We're all very grateful for your rapid assistance and making our jobs better & easier, but the condescending attitude comes across as a little out of place for what seems to a large degree to be a forum built for folks with little to no coding experience. If a question is below you just don't respond? Or direct us to a thread where the problem has already been solved? Overall I'm just a little baffled by that comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines