• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add PageBox to Document Info Metadata

Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add say the Media Box or Trim Box info to the document info metadata, such as title or subject.

It is apparently very easy to add a static string to the document metadata, such as:

this.info.subject = "My Text String"; // adds text string to the document subject metadata

As a newb to scripting, I am having problems adding a variable based off the required page box rather than a hard coded string of static text.

This topic thread is a good example of what I would like to add to the metadata:

Checking Trim size Quickly

function ThePageSize(){

var aRect = this.getPageBox("Trim");

var width = aRect[2] - aRect[0];

var height = aRect[1] - aRect[3];

app.alert("Trim: " + Math.round(width*0.3528) + " mm x "

+ Math.round(height*0.3528) + " mm");

}

Line 5 where it pulls in the bounding size and converts it to metric with some static text is what I would like to add to the metadata.

I’m sure that I am missing something basic and I have not been able to find any examples to adapt. Can anybody please point me in the right direction?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Simply replace app.alert(...); with this.info.subject = ... ;

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply replace app.alert(...); with this.info.subject = ... ;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you try67, as I answered this myself while you were replying to my post, after so many false starts it finally became obvious! However I really appreciate your reply, I have marked your answer as correct!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be of no importance in this case, but for those reading this in the future, remember that a PDF can have any number of pages, and each page can be different size. This is why it is not document metadata as standard.

Confusingly, Acrobat shows a page size AS IF it is document metadata, in Properties. In fact, it just shows the size of the current page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Test Screen Name – I agree, in this use case it is presumed that the input file is either a single page or all pages are the same size.

It took me a while to work out that one had to add this.pageNum to the code for the current page:

Re: Checking Trim size Quickly

The reason that I wanted to add the trim box info to metadata was for use after imposition, as detailed in the following topic thread:

Re: paste "Trimsize" after impostion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious... as this.info.title = "My Text String”; will replace any existing title, is it possible to either add the new text as a prefix or suffix to the existing entry?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, like this:

this.info.title = this.info.title + "My Text String";

Or:

this.info.title = "My Text String" + this.info.title;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you try67, I am not sure how long it would have taken me to figure that one out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I think I have it now!

var aRect = this.getPageBox("Media");

var width = aRect[2] - aRect[0];

var height = aRect[1] - aRect[3];

this.info.subject = ("Media: " + Math.round(width*0.3528) + " mm x "

+ Math.round(height*0.3528) + " mm");

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines