• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adding fonts to Adobe DC

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you add a new font to Adobe DC.  I have a monthly subscription and need to add a new font for when I edit a PDF

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Hello!!

Managed to solve the issue with a bit more digging into the mechanics of the software:

I finally noticed there are 4 variations of .PDF/X!!!

PDF/X-1A

PDF/X-3

PDF/X-4

PDF/X-4P

I'm not sure what the program default PDF/X variation is, BUT after manually selecting PDF/X-1A, I have not had any further problems saving the files with the fonts properly embedding the specific music fonts from the Finale music notation program: music engraver fonts, specifically.

My thanks goes out to the community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is the COMPANY name... Acrobat is the program name

You add fonts via your operating system

Search Microsoft – Official Home Page  to learn how to add a font to Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new Adobe Acrobat Pro DC user!!

Have installed the software program containing the special fonts. Fonts listed in C:\/Windows/Fonts folder. Acrobat ProDC is unable to process these fonts when resaving an edited PDF-A file to PDF-X format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's likely, that those specific fonts do not allow embedding into forms. You should use the Preflight-Tool in Acrobat to test your forms for PDF/A and PDF/X standards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Radzmar:

I will look more closely to find the Preflight-Tool in installed software.

I installed the Finale music notation software so the special music font files would make it into the Windows Font folder. I reset the Security Preferences on each file to allow any user or backgound program to access the fonts. I dropped the updated fonts into any Adobe Acrobat folder with the word "font" in file description. I even dropped the updated font files into the main program folder. 

Weird thing is, three of the files correctly transistioned from pdf/A to pdfX....initiating the change with another file is proving a monumental task.

Your thoughts, please. . . . . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!!

Managed to solve the issue with a bit more digging into the mechanics of the software:

I finally noticed there are 4 variations of .PDF/X!!!

PDF/X-1A

PDF/X-3

PDF/X-4

PDF/X-4P

I'm not sure what the program default PDF/X variation is, BUT after manually selecting PDF/X-1A, I have not had any further problems saving the files with the fonts properly embedding the specific music fonts from the Finale music notation program: music engraver fonts, specifically.

My thanks goes out to the community for its many insightful responses!! 

STICK TOGETHER!

/s/ Richard Matthis

MAIN WEBSITE
http://www.musicforperformers.org/

SOUNDCLOUD

http://sheetmusic4performers.pro/muzikmann-884d3ack

YOUTUBE-ALL MUSIC VIDEOS
http://sheetmusic4performers.pro/opus-156-cce28

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your solution with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To incorporate a new font into Adobe Acrobat DC for PDF editing:

Firstly, acquire the font file you want to add. Install it on your computer by right-clicking (Windows) or double-clicking (Mac) and selecting "Install Font."

After installing, restart Adobe Acrobat DC. Open a PDF file and select the "Edit PDF" tool. Highlight the text you wish to modify, then navigate to the Format panel. Look for the font dropdown menu; your newly added font should now appear there.

Select the added font from the dropdown menu to apply it to the selected text or use it for new text input. Adobe Acrobat DC will recognize the newly installed font for your editing needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To integrate a new font into Adobe Acrobat DC for PDF editing, begin by obtaining the font file you wish to add. Install it on your computer by right-clicking (Windows) or double-clicking (Mac) and selecting "Install Font." After installation, restart Adobe Acrobat DC. Open a PDF file and use the "Edit PDF" tool. Highlight the text you want to modify, access the Format panel, and find the font dropdown menu. Your newly installed font should now be available there. Choose the added font from the dropdown menu to apply it to the selected text or use it for new text input. Adobe Acrobat DC will recognize the newly installed font, allowing you to utilize it for your editing requirements seamlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines