• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat can't save or save as

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having problem with saving my PDF files. When I open my file and try to save, the save button is greyed out so I can't save any of the files I open. If I try to save as I just get a pop up but its a blank and doesn't do anything if I wait.

I do have a subscription but I don't know if it's single user license. We have two computer that uses the same serial number and account so could they be why it is not letting me save?

Please let me know what I can do to fix this.

Thanks,

Won

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi wonc5112,

Open Acrobat, navigate to Help menu & repair the installation.

If it still doesn't work try the below solution :-

The default "Save As" dialog in Acrobat DC is different than the dialog that you've had in earlier releases of Acrobat, it also allows you to save to the cloud and previous locations you've saved files to. It is possible that when Acrobat tries to connect to "the cloud", it runs into problems. You may want to try to turn this feature off to see if that brings your save as

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wonc5112,

Open Acrobat, navigate to Help menu & repair the installation.

If it still doesn't work try the below solution :-

The default "Save As" dialog in Acrobat DC is different than the dialog that you've had in earlier releases of Acrobat, it also allows you to save to the cloud and previous locations you've saved files to. It is possible that when Acrobat tries to connect to "the cloud", it runs into problems. You may want to try to turn this feature off to see if that brings your save as dialog back: Open up Acrobat's preferences, then go to the "General" category and deselect "Show online storage when saving files":

Preferences > Show online storage

Regards,
Aadesh

"save as" pop up box does not allow me to save the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The check box was checked and when I unchecked it, it started working properly again.

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2016 Mar 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started having same problem when I updated to El Captain. Prior to updating, I removed Google Drive (too much RAM use) and moved my files to Dropbox. I could not save as either.  I used the fix above, but get the same problem if I re-check "show online storage when saving files".  It seems to work fine if I leave that option unchecked.  My solution was the total opposite of what was listed in the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had same issue and the solution is here

check this video 2nd solution worked for me

Solved: Freezing or not responding adobe acrobat

https://youtu.be/YcW0d9B1qi0

PHave you ever encountered the frustration of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC freezing or not responding after making changes to your PDF file? You're not alone! In this video, we'll address this common issue and provide you with three effective solutions to prevent freezing or unresponsiveness when ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines