• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Email & Download Button Not Working

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I spent hours making a complex fillable PDF form for a company, I understand how the email and download buttons work. I have done hours of research to try and get this working, using both the installed send mail function and making my own Javascript send mail button. What is happening is these buttons are not even clickable in browser, when I try to send via reader i get an error that says "we couldn't attach your file". The only button that works is the Print button. I am unable to get this to work in my Chrome browser which is what I need. Is there any way to get send email and download/save button to work on browsers? It seems pointless to have these buttons if you cant even use them. Any help is greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fault is with the Chrome PDF plugin. It has nothing to do with Adobe and can't be fixed by anyone but Google.

You should instruct your users not to open the file inside the browser window, but to save it locally and then open it in Adobe Acrobat or Reader. You should also complain to the Chrome developers about their faulty product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is 2018 where we have many advances in our technology. The fact that a billion dollar company cant help the business world be more professional allowing us to have these features is mind-blowing. I may have to start my own lmao. Thank you for the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines