• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat SDK - List of Preference Items

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on creating a vba script (Excel) that will create a pdf and fix the width of the document to size of the view port.  I reviewed the Interapplication Communication API Reference documentation that list all of the methods and properties of the api.  I want to use the “SetPreferenceEx” method to set the  Zoom preference  to  a value of Fit Width.  In the instructions (page28), the method provides the data type and description of the parameters. The first parameter is expecting an application preference to be provided, for example, I would expect to be able to pass “Zoom” into this parameter.  I have been unsuccessful in trying to set this parameter.  The description says to go to the Acrobat and PDF Library API reference for a list of preference items.  I found the document here , the issue I am having is that document has over 6,000 pages and I have been unsuccessful in finding the  list of preferences.  I was hoping you could provide me with a cheat sheet or a page number of where I can locate the list. 

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Remember that preferences just change the viewer that you are targeting – it does not change the PDF. So that any else viewing the document will see their preference view.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is zoom cruelly s preference? Where would you set it it Edit >Preferences, and would setting to do the job you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Is zoom really a... dang autocorrect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember that preferences just change the viewer that you are targeting – it does not change the PDF. So that any else viewing the document will see their preference view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response.  I was hoping there would be away to alter the users preferences but that didn't really make sense.  Our team will have to decide if its worth increase the size of the font to increase the readability of the pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand the problem. If things are too small, why not just zoom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our team was trying to avoid having the user zoom in.  I agree I would just zoom in as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, why not zoom in for the user? Or set the document open options so they don't have to?

I don't quite follow the path from this problem which led you to wanting to edit Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying there is a method I can use to set the zoom factor for the user?  I would like for when the user opens the pdf its set to the zoom factor that was established when the macro executed said code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Excel VBA to create the pdf, so Ideally I wanted the zoom to be set at the time the pdf is created.  So, when the user opens the pdf the zoom is set to the value that was used at the time of creation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AVPageViewZoomTo may be your friend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its funny you mention that method. The original code I had was using this method.  I would open the document and then zoom in and save the document.  I found the snippet online and some minor modifications to zoom in. The problem is the pdf when saved doesn't retain the zoom in factor. 

Dim AcroApp As CAcroApp

Dim AVDoc As CAcroAVDoc

Dim PDDoc As CAcroPDDoc

Dim PPageView As CAcroAVPageView

Set AcroApp = CreateObject("AcroExch.App")

Set AVDoc = CreateObject("AcroExch.AVDoc")

pdfFileName = "C:\Users\csmith\Desktop\Metrics\Commercial Quote Builder.pdf"

Call AVDoc.Open(pdfFileName, "")

Set AVDoc = AcroApp.GetActiveDoc

If AVDoc.IsValid Then

Set PDDoc = AVDoc.GetPDDoc

Set PPageView = AVDoc.GetAVPageView

PPageView.ZoomTo 4, 1

PDDoc.Save PDSaveFull, "C:\Users\csmith\Desktop\Metrics\Commercial Quote Builder.pdf"

PDDoc.Close

End If

'Close the PDF

AVDoc.Close True

AcroApp.Exit

'Cleanup

Set PPageView = Nothing

Set PDDoc = Nothing

Set AVDoc = Nothing

Set AcroApp = Nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it wouldn't. It just zooms. Have you considered the "Restore last view settings when reopening documents" preference, if that is acceptable to your users (remember, if they reopen the PDF it will open it not where you closed it but where THEY closed it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I talked to the person that requested this and they're ok with fixing the zoom.  In the future, I will work on making the size of objects on the page dynamic based on the amount of content so we don't have empty space. The solution doesn't account for the size of the content so we have the font size set to a small size so we don't have objects overlapping.  I appreciate your help today .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines