• 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Adobe Acrobat XI pro doesn't allow registration, due to invalid serial number

Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new shrink wrapped DVD version of Adobe Acrobat XI pro I installed on a Windows 8.1 (64 bit) desktop machine.

Adobe acrobat will not update I get (Error 1328).

When I entered the serial number to register the product on Adobe.com, i get a message saying "enter valid serial number."

WTF, it is a valid serial number for a product I paid for.

What is the problem?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using a 24digit number consisting of 6 groups of 4 digits that's inside the dvd's box?

if so, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

if not, Find your Adobe product serial number quickly

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am using the 24 digit serial number in 6 groups of 4.

at this point adobe will never get so much as a penny from me again.  I do not have time for this nonsense.

I have a real business to run.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Did you ever get any satisfaction or explanation about your installation issue?

I've got the same problem. new, sealed in box Adobe Acrobat XI Pro that will not install under Windows 10. I keep getting "unable to connect to the internet" errors. For the longest time, I'd get put on hold or in a chat que while trying to address this issue with Adobe. Finally had time to kill this morning and got through via chat. After much running around, I got the :sorry, this is an invalid serial number, please address the issue with the retailer" excuse.

The software is open; the retailer will not take it back. They claim this is an known Adobe registration problem.

Would be interested if you found a solution.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat XI is an old and unsupported version. Why did you purchase it now? Anyway, if Adobe is saying it's not valid, it's not valid.

Contact the retailer and demand a refund.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you actually read everything I wrote?

You assume I don't know XI is not the current version. On the contrary, I do. But, why should I buy a new version when XI (a) meets all my needs and (b) is, according to Adobe, Windows 10 compatible?

I have licenses for three (3) copies of XI (all from the same retailer), but this one somehow will not validate. All came in shrinkwrapped retail packages.

If this one copy is truly "not valid" then let Adobe explain to me exactly what is "not valid" about this copy - was it already registered to another end user? Is it a pirated copy? Or, is refusing to allow registration of an old but valid copy of an Adobe product just a marketing method to get me to buy an upgrade I don't actually need? [Been there before with other software vendors.]

If the copy is truly bad for one or more reasons, I need written proof from Adobe with an exact explanation (not some generic "not valid" excuse) so I can go after the retailer in court. Remember - the retailer has a very good case (of three copies I bought from them, only one copy will not register). I need solid, detailed descriptive letter/message from Adobe to explain why only one of three copies I purchased is "not valid." Last, I've had multiple discussions with the retailer and its managers, who consistently claim that all copies of Adobe products it sells were obtained through legal distribution channels from a licensed Adobe distributor.

A word of advice - next time read the entire message you're replying to, understand it, then and only then hit REPLY.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem. Good luck with it...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines