• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe File Name Help

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need to add footers in over 1,000 documents that will contain the documents file name plus page numbers. Can I do this and how? I downloaded the Javascript but not sure how to use it.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Certainly an action wizard !

Could you share the script you downloaded?

Else, what is the available space for the footer? Do you want the footer in a field or included in the pdf file? where do you want to place the file name and the page numbers?

@+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be done using a script. What should be the exact text of the footer, and what should it look like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Without any answer from you, I give you 2 possibilities to add footers with action wizards. One place a watermark at the bottom of each page, the other one place fields. In my opinion the watermark version is better than the other one.

The attached pdf file includes both action wizards.

Capture d’écran 2022-03-15 à 14.13.19.png

Below I will explain how use the watermark action, but it's the same for the other one.

1) Double-click the "Add Footers - Watermark.sequ" file.

Capture d’écran 2022-03-15 à 13.53.35.pngCapture d’écran 2022-03-15 à 13.53.52.pngCapture d’écran 2022-03-15 à 13.54.06.png

2) Open one of the file you want add the footers and display the action wizard tools and click on the "Add Footer - Watermark" action.

Capture d’écran 2022-03-15 à 13.56.06.png

3) If all files you want add footers are in the same folder you can add it, else you can add files one by one.

Capture d’écran 2022-03-15 à 13.56.26.png

4) When all files are scted, you can click "Start".

Capture d’écran 2022-03-15 à 13.57.15.png

The last file will remain open. You can check all your file and you will see the footer on each page.

Capture d’écran 2022-03-15 à 13.58.20.png

The file name is on the left side and the page number on the right side of the page. This can be changed.

In each script I indicated some variable you can easily change:

// Variables you can change
var leftBorder=0.5; // inch
var rightBorder=0.5; // inch
var lowerBorder=0.25; // inch
var theTextSize=9; // pts
var delta=-3; //pts, to set the lower border
//

Hope that will suit you. let me know if you need any modifications.

@+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines