Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Auto-fill User's Name

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I auto-fill a user's name (or abbreviation of their name) in a text box? I know how to do the auto-fill for a date, but can't get the JavaScript to work for a user's name. This would be when the form is opened. I'm using Acrobat Pro DC XI.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is this information supposed to come from, exactly?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to make it pull from a person's Windows login account. I am trying to re-create a form in Adobe that I have in InfoPath, but I actually don't need this functionality anymore. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that's possible, but it would require you install a script on the local machine of each user. Is that feasible in your case?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know at this point, and I won't be pursuing this further since I don't need this functionality anymore. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines