• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto populate fields based on Combo Box selection - Acrobat 9 (Standard)

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I am new to writing code and javascript in Adobe so please bear with me.  I have created a form with a combo box.  There is a text field below the combo box which is automatically populated with verbiage located in the Export Value for each Item selected in the Combo Box.  I would like to have additional field (text fields) populate with various values based on the Combo Box selection.  How do I do this? I am using Standard version and cannot seem to find a way to add JavaScript.

If you can provide detailed step by step instructions, that would work best for me, as I am a beginner.  appreciate the help!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to use the Acrobat "Prepare Form" tool  and not the 'Fill & Sign". You can use either the On Blur action or Calculation to copy the value of the combo box to the text field.

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/change_another_field

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  I am a little confused.  I know how to get to the editing within the fields and see how to use the On Blur action under the "actions" tab.  Currently I have the export value set up for the text to go into the text field below the drop down.  That is working for me.

What I need is for additional fields to auto populate with different data depending on the selection from the drop down combo box.

1. Would I do this within the combo box properties - actions tab - run a javascript - add?

2.  If so, what would the script look like if I was trying to have different values for text fields depending on the drop down selected?

3. If not, how would I achieve this?

For example:

a. in the drop down I select "Short Strategy."  (combo box name: strategy)

b. the text field below (name Description) fills in with the stategy definition automatically from the export info (I have this set up)

c. I want 10 other text fields (name include: minimum size, target, etc.) to fill in with different values depending on the strategy selected.

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines