Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automate Acrobat to make an Excel Sheet

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I don't work with Acrobat very much other than an occasional PDF change. So, I did some digging and discovered that like Photoshop, Acrobat can be automated. And I tried to do this myself, but I have no idea what I am doing and thought if I come to the community, they could help me. My fingers are crossed that someone can assist with this.

Okay, so here is the scoop. I have pdfs that are scans of documents. I did a basic test to confirm that Acrobat could do what I need which is convert these PDFs into Excel spreadsheets. It can, but there is a catch. I have to delete all the pages of the pdf except for one, and then convert it. I tried just doing the whole PDF, but it would combine cells and mess up the data.

My idea was to create an automation that would:

1. Open the PDF Document
  2. Extract the first page
    1. Save it as a new document
  3. Delete the first page
  4. Continue for all pages
  5. Take extracted page and save as an excel spreadsheet

Then, I will take those sheets and either put all the data together in order or send it to the person who needs the data for them to put wherever they need to put it.

We have thousands of pages to do this with, so really need an automation to manage it.

I am open to other ideas, but this data is sensitive, so it has to be managed inhouse.

This is the version of Acrobat I am working with.

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 2.48.55 PM.png

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?