• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automate file renaming or bookmarking using text within the pdf

New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 100's of pdf each having different client name on the 2nd line of the pdf. I want to be able to rename the file name with that client's name. is there a javascript I can execute in action wizard or any simple way out? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is this solution I found but is there a solution without downloading any software or plugin: https://www.evermap.com/Tutorial_ASP_AutoRenameFiles.asp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JavaScript is software... However, it's not compiled so it's basically just text, not an executable.

Without seeing some sample files it's impossible to say for sure whether this will be possible using a script, though.

Also, it can't actually rename the file, just save a copy of it under the new name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

saving a copy with a new name is fine. They are all like bank statement for example - the name of the account holder will be on the first page of every pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can share some sample files please send them to me to [try6776 at gmail.com] and I'll let you know if I thin it's doable or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wouldn't discount the Evermap plug-in. It's fast and efficient. Well worth the cost.

I've written many scripts for extracting data from PDFs, and it is not nearly as efficient.

And as try67 implies, the feasibility of reliably extracting the data depends on the difficulty of identifying it. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines