• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic Calculations for PDF on IPad

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A friend and I are working on an accounting project. My friends dad set up an electronic PDF sheet that is supposed to automatically calculate totals and put them in the corresponding blanks/cells. My friend uses a Dell laptop and the PDF automatically does the math for him, but when I use Adobe Acrobat on my IPad Mini 1, Adobe does not automatically do the calculations. How do I fix this? Need an answer ASAP!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The answer to your inquiry is found here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-do-i-install-acrobat-dc-on-my-ipad-pro/td-p/10341500?page...

On the other hand, If the main  PDF with calculated scripts  has document level ( or folder level javascripts) it won't work in the Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile app.

You should be able to make custom calculated script in a PDF form created with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, and when you open the same form in a mobile device those calculated fields should work as long as  they're not depending of a folder level script.

Also, have you checked in another mobile device, with AndroidOS, for example, or even with tested with a third-party app like Foxit Reader, just to see  if you're able to use this PDF?

I do have PDFs that for some reason don't work at all in the Adobe Reader mobile app but do work with Foxit.

Let me be clear, that I am not advertising another product; but at this time I've run into the same problems with some of my PDF forms and haven't been able to figure out why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines