Is there a way to automate information onto a page with a button press? I'm familiar with macros and scripts but unfamiliar with Acrobat.
Copy link to clipboard
Basically the script needs to
1) Add add fields to the PDF page
2) put data(name and date) into those fields.
The slightly difficult part is determining the location of the field. If it's the same location every time, then you manually place a field and then get it's position from the field's properties dialog.
The other slight difficulty is creating the UI for the automation script. There are three options
1) ToolButton - use the "app.addToolButton()" function
2) Menu item - article below.
3) Command, commands are created from the Action Wizard Panel.
Here are some articles on these topics:
Also, you should consider using a Stamp with your signature image as the signature.
Thank you, this is enough for me to figure it out!
Thanks for the information!