• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button (with rollover revealing PDF layer) not working in web browsers...

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I can't seem to get buttons to working in web browsers.

Here is an image of what I've put together in Acrobat Pro XI:

http://i.imgur.com/8UqVJpN.gif

First, I imported a layer (which is a PDF file). Then, I made a button that when rolled over with the mouse displays the imported PDF.

This button works when the PDF is viewed in Acrobat Pro XI but not in Google Chrome, Edge, or any other browsers.

Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for your help!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

You can use Show/Hide field actions. They work in Chrome, but I don't know about Edge. Buttons can be used like layers but importing a PDF as the button's icon and making it read-only.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome and Edge uses their own PDF viewer. May be they don't support this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

Perhaps, but the client I work for had someone else make PDFs with a similar feature (though I'm not certain that this was done in Acrobat Pro).

Do you happen to know of any other way to incorporate interactive buttons into a PDF for the purpose of displaying additional text on rollover, click, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Show/Hide field actions. They work in Chrome, but I don't know about Edge. Buttons can be used like layers but importing a PDF as the button's icon and making it read-only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.. I was looking at this option, "Show/hide field"... however, I'm confused as to how to add a field? I'm not sure how to add this to my PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A button is a type of field. You can use a separate button that has Mouse Enter and Mouse Exit event actions set to Show/Hide the button that displays the content you want to show/hide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, man. This absolutely solves my problem and it works like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya, currently having the same issue do you mind explaining how. I tried the solution listed above but it didn't work for me.

I created an org chart with photos of people - added a roll over setting layer visibilty to show photos with persons wearing masks. works well in adobe reader but not in any browsers.

Any assistance is appreciated!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See above. There are no guarantees it will work in a browser. Report any issues to the developers of those browser plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines