• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Calculation Fields without JavaScript

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe, our company starts blocking java scripts in Adobe (Reader and Pro) how you use calculation fields after that? What is the alternative to javascript? How can these fields be used afterwards? Whats the nextgen for this ?

"Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown " "bDisableJavaScript" "1"

kind regards

John

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no alternative. If JS is disabled calculations will not work. You can still fill in the existing fields, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sir, I see you are working for Adobe.

If there is no other solution, can you provide me with a WhitePaper or Technical Knowledgebase to acquirer an exception at our company?

If there is no such document, I can not continue using Adobe, do you know any alternative software for creating forms besides adobe?

kind regards

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do NOT work for Adobe. Only people with an Adobe Employee tag under their names do.

There are plenty of PDF viewers out there, but I doubt any of them will allow calculations without JS. It's a part of the PDF Specifications, not something Adobe decided to implement on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your company has decided to block calculations in PDF. That's all there is to it. Only your company can solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The calculating events are still there in that PDF form.

If your company still have active licenses for the Acrobat Pro, you may try to go online and sign in with your AdobeID  to the PDF online services.

You can access the online PDF editor from any supported web browser (on macOS, Linux, Microsoft Windows, even mobile devices).

See here:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible , strange

adobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to open the file in the Acrobat application itself, not in the browser plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello try67, I don't get it. In the application I will get the error from he first post, in the browser plugin I can't edit, whats you point of:

"If your company still have active licenses for the Acrobat Pro, you may try to go online and sign in with your AdobeID  to the PDF online services.

You can access the online PDF editor from any supported web browser (on macOS, Linux, Microsoft Windows, even mobile devices)."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not how you should do it. If you have a license for Acrobat Pro then you need to install that application on your local computer and edit the files there. The online editor is very limited and not suited for what you're trying to achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So then you did not saw it in my initial comment, I^'ve installed Acrobat Pro stand alone application, and it's not working because of the GPO , this is why I asked the community AND Adobe by Ticket, and on both sides no solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stand by my reply, which you didn't comment on. Your company has decided to block calculations in PDF. That's all there is to it. Only your company can solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I answered your original question already. Without enabling JS it can't work. The fault is with your installation, not anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Here is a video which describe how to calculate without Java-script: Subtraction in PDF Form with and without JavaScript | Adobe Acrobat PDF Form Calculation - YouTube

Best Regards!

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The title of this video is misleading. Any calculation you create in a PDF file is done via JS. Maybe you don't write the code yourself, but it gets converted to JS code behind-the-scenes, no matter what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines