• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can a snapshot be taken of a PDF in Adobe DC pro like it can in Adobe Reader with the Snapshot tool?

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often I take a snapshot of a PDF and paste it into the body of an email.

I just received the Adobe DC Pro subscription version and I cannot find a snapshot tool or if a similar function is available.

Is there a Snapshot tool or equitable solution in Adobe DC Pro?

Please and thank you.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Hi monicac95413155 ,

Yes,there is a tool with this functionality in Acrobat DC with the name 'Take a snapshot' .

Try these steps :- In Acrobat Pro / Reader DC > Edit > Take a snapshot & then using the mouse select the area which you would like to capture from PDF .

Let me know if that works for you.

Regards,

Yatharth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi monicac95413155 ,

Yes,there is a tool with this functionality in Acrobat DC with the name 'Take a snapshot' .

Try these steps :- In Acrobat Pro / Reader DC > Edit > Take a snapshot & then using the mouse select the area which you would like to capture from PDF .

Let me know if that works for you.

Regards,

Yatharth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Dear Lord.  I'm not the type to ask without trying to figure it out myself first.  I've been all over the tutorials, searching help functions, and FAQs with no luck.

Only to find if it was a mouse it would have bit me!  Thank you very much!   *~loose nut on the keyboard~*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe DC Reader (latest version as of Feb. 11, 2022.    When I drop down in Edit, there is no Take a Snapshot!

Why has this capability been eliminated?     How do I get it back?  Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still see it. What is your system eg Windows 10, Big Sur? Please show screen shot if Edit menu. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the file secured, by any chance? You can find out under File - Properties - Security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, Vers2021.011.20039, 64-bit

I used to take snapshots from my PDF documents.

Now the option "Take a Snapshot " under Edit, has disappeared.

Can anybody help me please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issues.  I looked at Security and the only NOT ALLOWED sections are PAGE ASSEMBLY and PAGE EXTRACTION.

I don't have an option of a TAKE A SNAPSHOT...it has been replaced with REDACT TEXT AND IMAGES

Just happened today.Any help GREATLY appreciated.  have rebooted system many times.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can you see at the menu Edit > More > ... ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bernd

Oh - I see - "Take a snapshot" has been moved - it now sits under Edit> More>

Thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines