• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Acrobat XI assign values to form fields filled with text drop down selections?

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It's been a little while since I've visited the Adobe forms. Hopefully, everyone is well!

Can anyone answer if I can assign values to the selections in a drop down menu? I'd like to provide a visual score in my form with respect to text answers from drop down selections.

For example, drop down selections will be text, but I'd like to "assign each selection a value" to be calculated in a field dedicated to a numerical score:

Not applicable - assign value of 0

Good - assign value of 1

Fair - assign value of 2

Excellent - assign value of 3

A score field will average the answers and provide a percentage based of the text selections the user chooses, but the numerical values will be calculated in the background showing only the score in the dedicated score field.

If this is possible, can anyone point me in the direction of finding a script for this specific function?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every item in the list of a drop-down field has two possible values, a display value (mandatory) and an export value (optional).

You can apply the scores as the export values of your items and then you would be able to use them directly in your average calculation, as the value of the field will be the selected export value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that was right in front of me the whole time! Thanks!

Do you know if the calculation in the score field will sill work if one of the drop down selections is not assigned a value?

I'm going to set the default selection for the form fields to a "blank" selection with no value assigned. Some of the form fields being calculated in the score field may be blank. Will this interrupt the calculation if these fields are included in the calculation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should work, yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help. I'll get to trying it out now! Have a wonderful day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines