• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I specify the number of lines a dropdown/combo box displays when it is open?

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a dropdown box that contains 12 options. When it is in its open state on the form, it on;y displays the first nine lines, and the last three are in an "overflow:scroll" kind of state, and unfortunately—and I don't know if this is platform- or system-specific—the  only way to scroll them is to physically click on the scroll bars at the side of the dropdown box, and drag them downwards. It's not possible to use a two-finger scroll gesture as I usually can.

It's a first-world problem, I realise, but it does interrupt the user interface flow, and I wonder if there is a javascript way of specifying more lines of text should be displayed before it needs to add scroll bars.

(I've checked the preferences and drawn a blank, but if there is one that I've missed, that would be a perfectly acceptable answer too!)

Many thanks for your time,

NathanG

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

You can't specify this with Javascript.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't specify this with Javascript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me. That's a real shame, as it would make my life just that little bit easier! Oh well...

Is there perhaps another way that it can be done, that I could explore, or is a maximum of nine lines hardwired into the system, and completely unchangeable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you change the font size you will get more or less visible lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines