• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use a Mouse Up action (or similar) on a comment to display a pop-up menu ?

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

I would like to have a popup menu display listing various menu options when selecting a comment.  I have the popup menu working fine - what I cannot figure out is how to use a Mouse Up or other process to lanuch the popup menu after selecting the existing comment.  It would be greatly appreciated if someone could point me in the general direction of how to accomplish this.

Or, alternatively is it possible to add to the existing right-click menu that displays when right-clicking on a comment?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not possible with static annotations (I may be wrong). The "Prepare Form" tool doesn't interact with annotations in this way.

But if you already  have a working  script for  a pop menu, then it may be possible to  use be a little creative and place a button with transparent background over or somewhere around the comment so when the user hovers the mouse pointer over it it gives you the popup menu with the options in your script.

See slide below:

POPUP.png

The example of the popup menu illustrated above is using the app.popUpMenu() method using  one example from the Adobe Acrobat SDK JavaScript for Acrobat® API Reference,  "app methods" , page  103

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That will work, but it might prevent you from interacting with the annotation, since overlapping fields and comments behave in unpredictable ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines