• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use ADBC inside of a script to loop through other document objects?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I wondered if it is possible to do the following:

a.) Connect to a database using the ADBC object and loop through the records.

b.) If there are 2 fields in the database 'FilePathAndName' and 'ActionScriptName', can I loop through the records, opening each doc object and running an Action Script based on it's name.

Thanks

The ADBC object is used in conjunction with the connection and statement objects to interface with a database. These objects constitute Acrobat Database Connectivity (ADBC), and provide a simplified means of using ODBC calls to connect to a database and access its data. SQL statements are passed to thestatement object’s execute method in order to insert, update, retrieve, and delete data.

ADBC

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

I've used FDF to pass information back and forth between a database and a PDF file. See here for some information about how to do that: Connect to Database from PDF Form - This Time Without SOAP - KHKonsulting LLC

You will have to do a lot more on the server to get a similar behavior as with ADBC, but it's possible, and what TSN said is actually not true in this case: You don't need anybody to click to make things work, you can submit FDF data without user interaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat doesn't support ADBC anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks... I am new to Adobe Automation and Javascript.

I was looking at the ver. 8 Developer Guide.

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/js_developer_guide.pdf

Is it possible to use something other than ADBC to:

Loop through records in a database table, open file, run script...

tblAutomate                         

FilePathAndName                 ActionScriptName

C:\filename1.pdf                     RedactText

C:\filename2.pdf                     RunSomeJava

C:\filename3.pdf                     AnotherScript

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, ADBC was not replaced. You’d need someone driving and clicking to make it work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the actual documentation:

Adobe - Acrobat Developer Center | Adobe Developer Connection

Info: You can't use Action Script with Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've used FDF to pass information back and forth between a database and a PDF file. See here for some information about how to do that: Connect to Database from PDF Form - This Time Without SOAP - KHKonsulting LLC

You will have to do a lot more on the server to get a similar behavior as with ADBC, but it's possible, and what TSN said is actually not true in this case: You don't need anybody to click to make things work, you can submit FDF data without user interaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines