• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't select fields to use in a field calculation in Acrobat XI

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2016 Mar 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Acrobat XI on Windows 10 and setting up a fill-in form.  I am having a problem with setting up a field to do a calculated total.

The first field has the user enter the number of widgets sold. The field is formatted as a number with no decimal places.

The second field has the user enter the price per widget.  This field is formatted as a number with 2 decimal places.

I want the product of fields one and two to appear in field 3, which is also formatted as a number with 2 decimal places.  When I open the properties box for field 3 and go to the calculate tab and select value is the product of the following fields and click the pick button, I can see fields one and two in the field list, but clicking on the buttons to select them does nothing, i.e., I can not select them (or any other field for that matter).  The check boxes just remains white when I click on them.

Clay

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 26, 2016 Mar 26, 2016

This is a frequently asked question.

Acrobat does not have the sense point and check box always aligned for all systems. Fortunately most computer OS's use the space key as a selector activator. If one highlights the field name pressing the space bar will select or deselect the highlighted field.

You might also be able to use the Simplified Field Notation option if the field names comply with the naming standard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a frequently asked question.

Acrobat does not have the sense point and check box always aligned for all systems. Fortunately most computer OS's use the space key as a selector activator. If one highlights the field name pressing the space bar will select or deselect the highlighted field.

You might also be able to use the Simplified Field Notation option if the field names comply with the naming standard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the select + space bar tip!  That did it.

Clay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Works perfectly!!!  I never would have gotten it in a million years. Is there any way to Zero Suppress the fields?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines