Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot pass cookie through acrobat using JavaScript

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am trying to write a folder level script using javascript for acrobat API in acrobat pro. It should post to a HTTP server by a click on a toolbar button. I wrote the script using Net.HTTP.request() method which has a parameter 'aHeaders' to pass some headers along with the request. Since I am developing this for an organization, I need to pass some headers like Content-Type, Cookie, etc. When I try to pass a cookie, it does not pass through acrobat or we can say acrobat filter it out and at the server, I receive all headers in the request which I had added except the cookie. I checked this with the help of a network analyzer tool, Wireshark.

Can anyone provide a clue as to why is this happening? How can we solve this? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks. 

Edit: Below is my code for the same:

ajax = app.trustedFunction(function (furl){
app.beginPriv();
try {
Net.HTTP.request({
cVerb: "POST",
cURL: furl,
aHeaders: [ {name: "Content-Type" , value: "application/json"},
{name:"Cookie" , value:"sample_value"} ],
oHandler: ajaxcallbback
});
}catch(e){
console.println(e);
}
app.endPriv();
});
ajaxcallback = {
response: function(msg, url, e){
var stream = msg;
var string = "";
var error = e = undefined? "NO HTTP errors":"error: " + e.toSource();
console.println(error);
string = SOAP.stringFromStream(stream);
var oResult = JSON.parse(string);
console.println(oResult.submissionID);
}
app.addToolButton({
cName: "mytoolbutton",
cExec: "ajax("http://......com")",
cLabel:"push",
nPos:-1
})

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post your full code, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

added now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could anyone provide even the slightest clue to solve this issue? @adobe community professionals, please help! I would really appreciate that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is best in these forums not to edit your original reply to add new information. People are unlikely to visit and read it again. Please always post new information in the form of a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I will try to take care of it from next time. But for this specific issue, do you have any possible solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a detailed reply and you did not even acknowledge it again. I will not try again.

"So you are trying to get to s page that needs login. And it hits the server but the server doesn’t pass it on. The whole idea of bypassing login with cookies is very suspect. Your front end probably does some security tests like cookie origin, cross domain checks or whatever. Maybe it sends challenge/response. We can’t know and external inspection can’t find out. If one could just copy cookies to bypass login the internet would be a very unsafe place. You need to liaise with your server developers to find a secure route for whatever thing you must do. "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for not acknowledging it. I might have missed it. 

I am understanding what you are saying but the organization I am developing it for, do it using this only. I can't challenge this way of bypassing login using cookies. Given this, is there a way to solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines