• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change fill color based on expiration date

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make a field change its fill color based on its expiration date. I have tried to figure out a way to do it using the action builder to no avail.

Example:

User enters expiration date in the date field

if the date is greater than 90 days out the fill color stays white

if the date is greater than 60 days out but less than 90 days out it turns green

if the date is greater than 30 days out but less than 60 days out it turns yellow

if the date is less than 30 days out it turns red

I was easily able to make this work in excel using =XX>TODAY() + 60 and a quick format change but livecycle is proving to be much more difficulty. Obviously I could stick with excel but PDF is so much cleaner IMO.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Well, this forum is more about JavaScript in Acrobat forms. For questions about JS in LCD forms use that other forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an Acrobat PDF form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am trying to create it out of livecycle but I am not against creating it out of acrobat as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am trying to create it out of livecycle but I am not against creating it out of acrobat as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the two things are very different. If it's an LCD form ask here: LiveCycle Designer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I just posted here since it was a scripting issue. The form is actually completely made at this point, its just the custom validation that is giving me trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, this forum is more about JavaScript in Acrobat forms. For questions about JS in LCD forms use that other forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines