Exit

Click checkbox to auto populate text box with current time

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

script.JPG

Hello, 

Please help. I am looking for a script that can associate a checkbox and a text field formated to display the current time (hhmm 2400 hours format). When a check box is clicked the text box should display the current time as read only. This is for QA and making sure certain tasks are completed within a certain time frame. Is there a code I can use for this? I really appreciate any help you can provide

Thank you ! 

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What should happen when the check-box is unticked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the box is unchecked the text field should be cleared. That way when the operator can correct the time entry by checking the box again if needed.

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say the text field is called "QATime". Enter this code as the MouseUp event of the check-box:

this.getField("QATime").value = (event.target.value=="Off") ? "" : util.printd("HH:MM", new Date());

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Works like a charm! I thank you so much for what you do! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines