Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Consolidating duplicate fonts takes ages and Acrobat crashes at the end

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I am trying to combine various PDFs via Acrobat XI Pro into a single PDF file. While at the beginning the process works more or less smoothly it gradually gets more time consuming (consolidating duplicate fonts) the more pages the final PDF file contains (>3000 pages). This leads eventually to the point that integrating a one page PDF file (via "combine files into single PDF" or "insert from file" it does not matter) takes up 1 to 3 hours just to crash at the end completely. The problem occurs with many different PDFs I am trying to combine and not one specific file.

Here the technical specifications:

Acrobat Pro XI: 11.0.17, Architecture: i386, Build: 11.0.17.9, AGM: 4.28.147, CoolType: 5.11.145, JP2K: 2.0.0.36554

MacBook Pro: 2.8 GHz, 8 GB from 2014

OS X: El Capitan, 10.11.6

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

DJ

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Am trying to extract sheets from and adobe file of construction documents.  Only need a few printed.  Every time I try to extract them I get the consolidating font message and duplicate sheets within the file.  Any way to stop the consolidating action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines