• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert docx to pdf

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an application that needs to convert Word doc/docx files to PDF files unattended. The users will supply Word documents that will be converted to PDF and then merged with other PDF files to create a single PDF.  Is it possible to use the Abobe PDF Library SDK to do the conversion and merging without having Word installed?   The application is written in C#.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you  mean the Independant PDF Libarary licensed by DataLogics? Or the free PDF Library SDK for creating Plug-ins for Acrobat?  Or, since you mentioned C#, do you mean the IAC? 

If you are talking about either of the last two options, then it is Acrobat that is doing the conversion, not the SDK. So if you can open a word file in Acrobat and have it automatically converted to PDF, then sure, you don't need Word installed. I don't know if Acrobat requires MS Word, but it does need to parse the word file, so I'd think you'd need Word installed to do this. However, never having had a compter that doen't have word installed I'm not solid on this point.  Just try it and see. 

If you are using the Independant PDF Library from DataLogics, then you need to ask them. I'm pretty sure they sell tools and/or additions to the library for just this sort of thing.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what Adobe sdk, api or tool is appropriate.  I have a Windows application written in C#.  The user's receive Word documents that need to be converted to PDF files and sometimes combined into a single PDF.  They do not have Word installed on their system.  So I need a way to convert the Word documents to PDF without using the Word application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you are not using anything currently. Besides the Adobe based options pointed out above, there is an army of 3rd party products and services that do exactly this type of thing, that can be integrated into a .NET desktop app.  Just do some googling.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the users create Word documents then they have an installation of Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat SDK - no, not for unattended use. Not for server use. Not for redistribution.

PDF Library SDK - no, excellent for unattended use but does not interface to Office PDF creation.

A possibility is the Adobe online  PDF Services API, which converts on Adobe's servers https://www.adobe.io/apis/documentcloud/dcsdk/pdf-services.html

A possibility is Adobe Experience Manager, a hodge podge of enterprise level software including a Word to PDF creator for use on your own server. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines