Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert number to feet & inches

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, 

I need a hand please with code that takes height and converts it to a more detaliked version. 

Height would be entered like this for feet & inches: 600 (which means 6 feet & 0 inces). I would like it to to display as multi line like this please: 

Ft 6

In, 00

Thank you in advance. 

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this even doable? lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would you know if 111 means 11 feet and 1 inch or 1 foot and 11 inches?
You can only do it if the value has to be 4 numbers, for example, or if you artificially cap the maximum (and minimum) values, by assuming the value can't be lower than X or higher than Y. Either way, it's tricky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So would it be best to use: Ft: 06 | In. 06 = 0606? Could it be done then? Chances of a 10 foot person or 1 foot person completing this are very slim, but I am okay with it being a four number format. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to do it so that if there are 3 digits it assumes the first one is feet and the last two are inches, and if there are are two it's one for each, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either way will work for me 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But do you want it converted in the same field, or to show the multi-line value in a different field?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy Friday, 

I would like it to convert into the multi line value format in the same field, if possible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the last thing I need to figure out. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use this code as the field's custom Format script:

if (event.value) event.value = "Ft " + event.value.charAt(0) + "\nIn, " + event.value.substring(1);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WOW, perfect! Danke!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines