• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert PDF to tiff image using SDK

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to convert PDFs to single-page tiff using the Adobe SDK using C#, but I'm confused on several points.  I've searched this forum but still have questions.

- Do I need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on my computer to accomplish this?  Or can I accomplish this WITHOUT having to drive the Acrobat Reader's GUI app?  In other words, I don't want to open the Adobe user interface and start driving the GUI app that way.  I just want to have my C# program open a PDF file

and export it to tiff, with nothing visible on the screen.

- Which of the SDKs should I use?  

- Acrobat DC SDK

- Acrobat XI SDK

- Acrobat X SDK

I downloaded sample probjects for each but they have a project reference to "acrobat" which isn't a dll present

in the samples directory.   Is that because I'm supposed to have the Acrobat Reader installed on my

machine, and the project is referencing a Registry based COM dll?   I don't want to use COM if possible.

Some of the online articles I've found refer to JaveScript in their discussions of such a C# project. But I'm not using Javascript and I'm not writing a web app (which is what I think of when I think of JavaScript.)  This is a C#/.NET desktop/thick-client app, not web browser based. 

Does using the Acrobat SDK necessarily cost money?   Or can this be done completely free (legally) using the Adobe/Acrobat SDK?  I want to use the Adobe SDK because other PDF converting software inevitably runs into problems with a particular PDF file here and there.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gerry

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be possible with the Adobe PDF Library:

https://www.datalogics.com/products/pdf/pdflibrary/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Acrobat DC (NOT READER) installed on your computer, then you can automate the process of PDF->TIFF conversion (for your own personal purposes).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just as the Windows SDK is for people who have  paid for Windows, and the Photoshop SDK is for people who have paid for Photoshop, so the Acrobat SDK is for people who have paid for Acrobat. Acrobat Reader is free software and is not what is called “Acrobat”. To use the Acrobat SDK each user needs a license for Acrobat. Also server use is forbidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines