• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create and Edit Javascript - inability to save

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last month I set up a date printed on multiple pages of a document through the creation of a field and running the javascript.  However, since getting a new laptop and requesting the IT dept to download the Adobe Pro DC I have been unable to do this.  I went through the process as the first time but whenever I try to enter in the javascript, I am not getting the OK button to proceed.  What I see is a Go to button and when I select this, it asks for a Line Number?

Using Windows 10 now and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it?

Help appreciated

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are entering code into the Console Window, rather than the script editor. You might try going to the Acrobat Preferences and changing the JavaScript editor to a plain text editor. On windows "Notepad.exe" is perfect for this. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply.

I was having difficulty with this until my colleague pointed out that the dialog box that was displayed, was missing the Ok button.  However by expanding this, it appeared. 

Mortified 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines