• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create signature field programatically

Participant ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I manually add a signature field I can sign immediately without saving, closing, and re-opening the PDF.  When I add a signature field programatically I can sign immediately without saving, closing, and re-opening the PDF. However, when I add a signature field programatically and also add a script to the field to be executed after signing (it doesn't matter what the script is) I get an error message: "This document could not be signed in it's current state.  Please save the document, close it, reopen it, and attempt to sign it again."  Doing what the message says works but I don't want to have to do that.  I have same issue in Acrobat Pro X  and Acrobat Pro DC.  Does any one know this happens and if there is a way around it?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like the issue is only related to that particular document.

Click on file and then select "Properties" from the context menu. Verify what software was used to create this PDF. It looks to me  like if you're using an XFA form created in LiveCycle Designer or similar... but I may be wrong...just guessing.

Can you confirm If the problem is happening with every PDF in both programs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What happens when you add the field without any script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines