• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Dynamic Stamp for "Live" Signature

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat Pro DC. I would like to create custom stamps based on a stamp we have to use in the shop. The stamp requires a live signature and date. Is it possible to create a custom dynamic stamp that would load an image of a persons signature with the current date?

Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

To edit a stamp, you need to know where it is stored as a PDF file (all stamps are stored in PDF files with one or more pages, and the actual stamp pages identified as "page templates"). There are two options for where these stamps are stored: In the user level stamp directory, or the application level stamp directory. Where these directories are depends on your version of Acrobat, your operating system (and version), and the type of computer you are using (32 bit or 64 bit).

Let's assume you ar

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, assuming the image can be prepared beforehand. Have you created other dynamic stamps before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will be my first attempt at creating a dynamic stamp. I will probably create the stamp image with the signature and add the java script to insert the date. So, I want to add java to a specific area of a custom stamp made from a Jpeg. Is that possible?

Thanks

Willy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's possible. To display the date, you'd use a text field with a custom calculation script, which could be as simple as:

// Custom calculate script for text field

event.value = util.printd("mm/dd/yyyy", new Date());

There are a lot of little details that you have to get just right to create a dynamic stamp from scratch. I highly recommend the following tutorial for more information: Creating a PDF Stamp File from Scratch - KHKonsulting LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not finding what I need. I need to create a truly unique stamp from a Jpeg then add a field with Java script to put a date stamp in a specific Area (see below). I need to be able to update the date field when the stamp is used.  all of the tutorials I see online is for editing one of the dynamic stamps that comes with Acrobat . And everything I read is for Acrobat versions 6 thru XI. Does this work in DC?

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it works in Acrobat DC. The tutorial that I linked to earlier gives you the details of creating a stamp PDF from scratch. You'd first create a PDF that includes a page that has the image of the stamp, add the text form field that includes the custom calculation script like the one that I provided, do all of the other things to make it a valid stamp and stamp file as detailed in the tutorial, and place the stamp file in the correct location on your machine. It will then be available for use in Acrobat and the date field will update whenever it's used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my dilemma, I'm new to Acrobat. I learned how to make the stamp, and have a stamp ready to make a dynamic stamp with the date field. My hang up is when you say "add the text form field that includes the custom calculation script" how do I do that? That's the missing piece. When I search for  adding text to stamp, the instructions have tools I don't have like document processing and the customize button. Is there a tutorial specific to Acrobat DC for a newbie? Also, in DC I don't see where to edit a stamp. The closest I find is below, and it's pretty limited

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To edit a stamp, you need to know where it is stored as a PDF file (all stamps are stored in PDF files with one or more pages, and the actual stamp pages identified as "page templates"). There are two options for where these stamps are stored: In the user level stamp directory, or the application level stamp directory. Where these directories are depends on your version of Acrobat, your operating system (and version), and the type of computer you are using (32 bit or 64 bit).

Let's assume you are using Acrobat 11 on Windows 7, 8 or 10, then the user level directory would be this:

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\11.0\Stamps

The application level directory would be (this is for a 32 bit system - the 64bit system would reference "Program Files (x86)"):

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 11.0\Acrobat\plug_ins\Annotations\Stamps\ENU

Your stamp files will have cryptic names when you created them via Acrobat's stamp tool (and, in that case, they would also be located in the user level directory).

To add a form field with Adobe Acrobat DC, you would need to start the form editor after loading the stamp file. You do that via Tools>Prepare Form" - once active, you will find the different form fields on the toolbar:

2016-04-29_14-32-00.png

Once you've added a field, you can bring up it's properties via right-clicking on the field (that assumes that the form editor is still active), and selecting "Properties" from the menu. After that, you should be able to add your date script as a custom calculation script on the "Calculate" tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You, that worked great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please suggest how to put signature image on astamp dynamically based on user identity. Ex - I have one stamp with user signature however when I login to diffrent user it should change user signature image? so one stamp will work for both user based on identity. Example image .. 

Gauravtaj_0-1591352801673.png

Gauravtaj_1-1591352819805.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would require using a script to check the user's identity and modify the stamp accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like you've already seen some of my material.

You can read about how to do this in the Book:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/All_About_PDF_Stamps.cfm

The best way to this is with a trusted function in a folder level script. The image is loaded as a button icon. 

The signature image file itself has to have a naming pattern that incorporates the user name and is located in a known file folder. The best option is create a wet signature stamp for each user and place it in the User Stamp folder. 

Here's a tool for creating signature stamps:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/PDF-Signature-Stamps.cfm

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines