Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Dynamic Stamps

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

i need help! Can anyone tell me what would be custom calculation script be for creating a simple aplha numeric text field in adobe stamps?

Thanks for yourhelp in advance.

Naval

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at this tutorial for some information about how to create dynamic stamps:

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/dynamic_stamp_secrets

To actually provide more information about how to create such a script, we would need to know more about how your stamp is supposed to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karl,

I need a stamp with editable date field and a field where we can add a serial number.

Can you please help me on where i can find the rules for these please.

Thanks in advance.

Naval

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Take a look at the first example for the app.execDialog() method: Acrobat DC SDK Documentation

This will create a dialog with three fields: Two that can be changed, and one that is fixed (and shows the date). All you need to do is remove the third read-only field and use different labels for the first two. Even though the data structures that are used for the dialog objects look complex, it's all just JavaScript. You do need to have a pretty good understanding of JavaScript data structures for this to work.

If you want an easy way out (and don't mind paying), there is a dialog editor available at http://pdfscripting.com - in my opinion, it's a good investment, it will save you a log of time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines