• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Page Numbering to Footer Doesn't Work

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used the Number Pages command in the Page Thumbnails view to renumber pages. So page 1 is 835-101, page 2 is 835-102, etc. These labels are shown under the page icon in the Page Thumbnails pane and on the main toolbar for navigating pages next to the up/down arrows. This appears to work fine.

Then I went to Tools, Pages, Header & Footer, Add Header &Footer dialog and used the Insert Page Number button.

All this does is number the pages 1, 2, 3, etc.

Acrobat XI Pro

Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is correct. Do you have any question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, the question was whether this was the intended behaviour or a bug? Or if there was some other way to get what I was after. Personally, I'd call it a bug. Regardless, thank you for all responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it's intended, but if you consider it a bug (or if you just want to request a new feature) you can report it here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page numbers and pages labels are two different things. As you've noticed, the Add Header & Footer tool only makes use of the former, not the latter. If you want to add the page labels to the pages you would need to use a script, like this one I've developed: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Copy Page Labels To Pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You request gave me an idea so I updated another tool I've created to allow for this option: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat/Reader -- Advanced Add Header/Footer Text

This tool is more advanced and lets you define the exact location of the text, as well as its display settings (font, font color, size, etc.), just like the original Add Header/Footer function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines