• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Preflight in Acrobat fails to warn about RGB image

Enthusiast ,
Jan 23, 2016 Jan 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A colleague has created a simple Acrobat Preflight profile that produces a red error "X" if a PDF contains RGB objects. However, when she runs it on a PDF that she knows contains an RGB image, it reports that there are no problems. Despite this, when she expands the preflight report's Overview, it duly lists the presence of the RGB image, noting that it is "RGB (ICC profile)".

She has sent me the preflight profile and the PDF in question, both created with Acrobat Pro XI (Windows). I can confirm that it does the same thing for me when I run the preflight check, both in Acrobat Pro XI (Windows and Mac) and even in Acrobat DC.

Has anyone here seen this issue before? Could you suggest a workaround?

- Alistair

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 01, 2016 Mar 01, 2016

Sorry for delay. Was travelling internationally for several weeks.

There isn't a problem with Acrobat Preflight, but rather with the profile you provided or maybe better described your understanding of how the profile works.

The problem was that you were testing for RGB as an error. The objects in the test file you provided were not DeviceRGB, but rather ICC sRGB. Testing for RGB doesn't yield a positive result for ICC color-managed RGB. For that you need to add a test for “Device independent colo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 23, 2016 Jan 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here at Adobe, we are not at all aware of such an issue. Please contact me via a private message on this forum or post both the profile and the PDF file such that we can examine the issue here. Thanks.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump. Any news on this? Or should I resign myself to the possibility that Acrobat's Preflight doesn't always give accurate reports?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for delay. Was travelling internationally for several weeks.

There isn't a problem with Acrobat Preflight, but rather with the profile you provided or maybe better described your understanding of how the profile works.

The problem was that you were testing for RGB as an error. The objects in the test file you provided were not DeviceRGB, but rather ICC sRGB. Testing for RGB doesn't yield a positive result for ICC color-managed RGB. For that you need to add a test for “Device independent color.”

Adding that simple test to your profile fixes it to work as (I think) you intended it to.

Profile Fix.png

Hope that this helps and again, sorry for the delay in response!

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Thanks, Dov. I can see the logic even though I'm not sure about the clarity of this distinction for everyday users. Good to know, though, and I'll spread the word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know I am late to the discussion but these are they areas in AA's Production Tools where I check for RGB. One is in the Color Overview and the other is in the Preflight tab under Colors. See screen shots. This has given me successful reads on the document to be confident there are no RGB remnants around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines