• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data base

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use to be able to create a fill-in form, it would keep a copy of the forms I filled out when I selected to fill a blank copy, Adobe would keep the previous forms in the same file.  It would act as a database keeping all the information in chronological order.  I was also able to search the form's fields in all the transactions.  How do I save created forms with this feature or is it no longer available?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you use in the past?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An older version of Adobe Pro.  The more I work with the new version, I find it's more complex.  Not as easy for a end user.  There is some java script that was helpful but ran into another barrier where new spawned pages only calculate from the first original form.  I've been told there are a lot of answers here on the forum, I'm just having issues finding them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this a very old version with the organizer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was at a previous job, about 10 to 12 years ago.  I couldn't tell you what version.  There is an easy script that you can use once you make your form a template.  By using add button from the interactive objects you can then go into preferences-actions-select actions -Run a javascript- then paste the following script and include the name of your template:

var expTplt = getTemplate("Template name here");

expTplt.spawn(numPages,true,false);

This works great but I haven't figured out how to use it with auto calculate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm puzzled and I'm not sure how to script it with 12 auto calculate fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can hire an expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I work for a non profit company with a tight budget.  I'll get the form up and running maybe without some of the features for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines