• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappearing Form Fields

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 I have pages of fillable form fields. Let's say something changes on one of the pages, I delete the page from the document, scan the new copy in and add new form fields (separate from the main document). When I try to use "Organize Pages" to insert the new page back in to the old document I have issues where either my signature fields dissapear or text fields will dissapear or change names to "i" and then when I try to delete them I can't. It seems to bug the whole page. Any suggestions? I have made sure that the form field names are unique or that if there are any of the same names that they are of the same type. Seems like there is no good way to replace pages with fillable form fields without bugging the document, I've even tried the portfolio method and same thing happens.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say there is no good way to replace pages - but why not use Replace Pages? Deleting the page may well leave things messed up as the form fields will remain in the document without a home. Certainly do NOT add fields to a file before inserting, add them after inserting if you need to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before it wasn't letting me replace a page that had fillable forms with another page that had fillable forms. That is why I resorted to deleting and the "insert page" method. The "replace pages" method worked now when I tried it on a few pages but while the calculation scripts still "works", each time I enter a value in the field it opens up the debugger and gives me a "null" error. So, it's starting to seem to me that there isn't a method (insert or replace) that seems to work well with a page that already had fillable forms. I guess I would need to insert the blank page and add fields after the fact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounded as if you just wanted to replace the page content,since you also recreate the form fields. This is a normal process: make the replacement page, use Replace Pages. Then if any content has moved, move or adjust the form fields inherited from the older page. (NB you must use Replace pages, not delete and insert).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That won't work. The Replace Pages command only replaces the underlying content of the page. It does not replace the fields that are on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines