• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Displayed numbers of changes and form fields... how to hide?

Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a few months now, when I edit a PDF document (typically redlines), Acrobat has been tagging each change with a number, in the order the changes are made.  The tag is a small number inside of a square.  Although annoying, I was able to large ignore these numbers (which are really annoying when you zoom out).  Today these tags are started showing up in forms, with each form field numbered in the order which they were created.  For a busy form, this is VERY intrusive.

Is there any way to disable or hide these numbers in either/both cases?  I've tried searching, but I'm not entirely sure what to search for.

TIA

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jrhodes5150,

Would like to inform you that there is no possible way to hide the this information within the fields .

Regards,

Yatharth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: In Form Edit mode, right click anywhere on the page and tick-off "Show Tab Numbers" if it's selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that, it had no effect.  It seems to be some kind of "content order".  The numbers show up on form fields (most... no all, strangely enough), text boxes, highlights, redlines, signatures, etc. It really makes reviewing a pain.  Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange. What exact version of Acrobat are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 10 Pro (version 10.0.0).

This is what the numbers look like (if it will help):

Acrobat.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should update to the latest version available of Acrobat X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Took awhile, but I got everything updated.  Now at 10.1.16 and I still have the same issue.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm out of ideas. Does it happen in this one file, or in all files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

all files, as far as I can tell.  As an aside, I checked these files in Reader and the numbers don't show up (nor do they print)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines