• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drawing Toolbar - Make properties default

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using rectangle from Drawing tool bar. I have added that to my current tool set. I can change the outline color and fill in color to White. When I select Make Properties default, the setting doesn't stick. When I close Acrobat and Open it again, the settings are revert to default. I have other users are who are experiencing the same issue. We are using Acrobat Pro XI and Acrobat Standard X. It used to work. Not sure which Adobe update is killing this feature. Any ideas what could be causing this issue?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Hi,

We have released an update today that fixes the "Make Properties Default" issue and the settings should now be sticky. Please open Acrobat or Reader DC and visit Help > Check for updates to make sure you are on the latest patch.

Details about the release: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/acrobat-dc-august-02-2016.html

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi itv26629959

Could you please let us know the dot version of Adobe Acrobat Pro XI and OS you are using.

Are you experiencing this issue with this particular tool option or with other tools as well.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Pro XI Version 11.0.17.9

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

So far I have seen this tool bar with this issue. All of our users uses this tool extensively in their day to day.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2016 Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi itv26629959

Please share the screenshot of the tool option you are using and the exact steps you do.

We will try to replicate the issue on our end.

Are you experiencing this issue only after the recent update ?

Are you able to change the default properties of the other tools? Please try to replicate and let us know.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the screenshot and steps.

Open up pdf document.

Draw a rectangle using a tool bar. (If you don’t have toolbar added then follow steps on how to add toolbar).

Right click on rectangle.

Click on Properties.

Change the color to White.

Change the fill color to White.

Click on Make Properties default check box. (this one doesn’t stick). We want to make this property default.

Click OK.

This has changed but not sure after which update. It used to work.

How to add toolbar?

Right click on Toolbar and click on Edit current toolbar set.

Click on Drawing Markups to expand

Select Rectangle

Click on to add the tool to toolbar

Click on Save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have released an update today that fixes the "Make Properties Default" issue and the settings should now be sticky. Please open Acrobat or Reader DC and visit Help > Check for updates to make sure you are on the latest patch.

Details about the release: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/acrobat-dc-august-02-2016.html

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi itv26629959,

Can you please share what version you are on? Go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and share the version info you see.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat XI version 11.0.17

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi itv26629959,

The issue being discussed in this thread does not impact 11x at all. Can you please summarize what is the issue you are encountering?

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the same issue. Drawing toolbar does not keep the properties. It’s happening on Adobe Acrobat X Standard also. I have tried this with XI also. I have also tried Windows 7 Pro and Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems that this is a long-standing bug. As you'd expect (well, as I'd expect), the fix is applied only to the current version. X is out of support and XI is really only getting security patches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In version 2019.021.20049 released today I'm seeing that pencil tool and the cloud tool are exhibiting inconsistent behavior where my default changes are not persistent across restart of the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines