Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop down menu linked to a text box?

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

I have a Fillable PDF that I created from an Excel file, and that Excel file has drop down menus in it. The descriptions in the drop down menu are long, and when pasted into the PDF drop down menu, it will only show a part of the text. After reading hours of other forums, I know that I have a few choices on how to make this happen. One is to use "\n" script and the other is to use Java script to write a code that will connect the drop down menu to a text box. However, I have no idea how to write either of those codes needed to complete those, nor do I have a good sense of where they need to go. Any help would be great! Thanks!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you want to achieve? Including a line-break in the items in a dropdown is possible with a script, but it's an undocumented feature which is a bit buggy, so I would recommend avoiding using it.

Do you want to populate a text field based on the selection in the drop-down?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In all honesty I just want my drop down menu to be able to show the entire description rather than populate a text field based on the drop down, but if that is not possible, then yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the font size to Auto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that did work, but however it is too small to read. I wish it could just be multi-lined. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make the field bigger. That's the only other option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines