• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embed XML into a PDF

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to inject an XML file into a PDF using MS Access VBA.

I don't want to do it through web but directly on my PC.

What I have to use, PDF Libraries?

I tryied to use them but VBA gives me an error using object. Do I need a licence?

Do I need an Acrobat product installed? What kind of Acrobat: PRO, XI ?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably do not specifically an Adobe library for this as creating PDF files is up to anybody who understands that format. However, Adobe offers Acrobat SDK: https://opensource.adobe.com/dc-acrobat-sdk-docs/acrobatsdk/documentation.html

I think that it is best you ask your questions in the Acrobat SDK forum, so I'm moving your request there.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much depends what you mean by "inject". Do you mean, for example

- you want to fill in form fields?

- you want to add a graphic from an XML onto a PDF page?

- you want to do a kind of mail merge and the XML has a list of addresses?

- something else?

What API are you trying to use, which fails? You sure need some kind of product to use some kind of API, but which?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I need to do is inject an XML into a PDF document as you can do using for example Reader and Attachment functionality.

The XML is not a list but it represent another document in XML format that can be extracted later to have structured data.

I tryed to use PDFLibrarires included in SDK but you cannot reference this kind of dll in VBA probably because is assembly and not COM/ActiveX.

Is there the possibility, using VBA,  to attach a file to a pdf without opening application like Acrobat Reader or Pro?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I suggest you say "embed an attachment", rather than "inject", since inject is an uncommon term.

Yes, Acrobat can add attachments using info in the SDK.

"I tryed to use PDFLibrarires included in SDK " This is a strange point, because no PDF libraries are included in the Acrobat SDK. The Acrobat SDK describes how to use Acrobat. You need to understand that it is a marketing tool for paid-for Acrobat. So Reader is not enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines