• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External Editor on Mac

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a preference "Use external JavaScript editor".

For the life of me, I can't get that to work. I set it to a text editor, and Acrobat opens the right document into it. But Acrobat sits there hanging. When I save, close and quit the application, Acrobat still sits there hanging. I have to Force Quit every time.

I've tried each of the editors I have laying around - VSCode, Brackets, Atom, LightTable... even TextEdit.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this feature broken?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

I'm not sure why that particular issue is happening but I can tell you that you don't want to use that feature even if it did; it's unreliable at best.

Instead, edit your code in your preferred editor, then copy/paste it into the Acrobat editor. You'll be much happier.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why that particular issue is happening but I can tell you that you don't want to use that feature even if it did; it's unreliable at best.

Instead, edit your code in your preferred editor, then copy/paste it into the Acrobat editor. You'll be much happier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay good to know! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Acrobat sits there hanging. When I save, close and quit the application, Acrobat still sits there hanging. I have to Force Quit every time."

Welcome into the macOS version of Acrobat!

I've been reporting this problem for years, but since Acrobat 9 I've never been able to use a JavaScript external editor.
Like Joel, I copy-paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines