• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extract individual page(s) in Acrobat Pro DC, then extract another page - destination folder issue

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large PDF (320 pages) and need to extract and save individual pages as separate files. I search on a keyword in the file, locate the page(s) I need, and then extract these pages from the master document (without deleting). EVERY SINGLE time the 'BROWSE for FOLDER' dialog box forces me to scroll and expand my folder tree, for a total of SIX CLICKS (plus a lot of scrolling in a little tiny box) to reach the destination folder. I'm on Windows 10 and this was not my experience extracting pages in the previous versions of Acrobat. I have searched on how to set or change the default output folder and/or how to force Acrobat DC to 'see' that I just used a particular folder, and to present that recently accessed folder as the default destination after the first time I've extracted a page from a PDF. At the very least, I would expect the default output directory to be that of the document from which I'm extracting the pages (which it's not). I had hoped I could change the output folder for extracted pages by changing my 'print to PDF' settings, but that didn't work. The only option I have is to extract the pages to my user folder, which appears as the default and then round them all up - which is a workaround I'm using. 

On top of all that, I cannot name the extracted pages as I extract them, which is annoying and adds even more time to this already tedious task.

I'm fresh out of ideas on how to fix this and frustrated with Acrobat Pro DC in general. Worst UI 'upgrade' (along with Windows 10) I've ever had the pleasure to experience. 

Any ideas? Thanks!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Would it help if you put the folder in Quick Access first? I do the equivalent in Finder on my Mac. Then it’s an easy one-click to get there.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026985/windows-find-missing-favorites-in-file-explorer

I used Adobe Bridge to rename files, but if you don’t have it, there may be another utility or someone may have a script. I’ll tag your post for scripting.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines