• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Faced this warning: A serious error has been detected and Adobe Acrobat 8.1.0 Standard can not continue. Please re-install the application.

Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A serious error has been detected and Adobe Acrobat 8.1.0 Standard can not continue. Please re-install the application.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your OS? This is a very old version and not compatible with any current OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 10.  I've been transferring this version from PC to PC since WinXP (or was it Win2000?).

I had it running on my first Win10 machine using the procedure to get a new S/N and download of a new installation package.  That PC blew up, so I am doing this again, but it is being difficult.

I like this version.  Cleaner appearance, has a tool or two I haven't seen in DC.

I'd like to keep running it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 and Acrobat 8 activation server is retired see reply #1 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2372929

-you MUST use the special serial number AND the special installer you download, not your originals

-above includes a link to get the special version AND links to help with activation problems

-more information on activation problems with the new version https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2385900

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... this says Encore, but is sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account) so follow the instructions for your specific program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, John.

For the first part, I've done this successfully before, including on Win10.  Cumbersome process, but it has worked.  This time has not been as successful.

I tried both the troubleshoot compatibility and run as admin, but no luck there.  Both methods still locked up during the splash form.  The error message take another 5-10 minutes to show up.

Possibly something went awry in the download/install using the akamainet software.  I'll try again tomorrow.  Have to get some work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines