• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Field validation query, help required please...

Contributor ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

A quick question regarding text field validation, please can someone point me in the right direction?

I'm trying to validate a text field, that's a comb of 2 characters, to only allow values from 01 - 11.

Setting the form field format to number means losing the leading zero which I'd like to keep.

So far I've come up with this...

event.rc = true;
if (event.value != "" && event.value != "01" && event.value != "02" && event.value != "03" && event.value != "04" && event.value != "05" && event.value != "06" && event.value != "07" && event.value != "08" && event.value != "09" && event.value != "10" && event.value != "11")
{
    app.alert("The entered value needs to be from 01 to 11.");
    event.rc = false;
}

This code does what I need however it allows the user to enter anything into the field because there is no format on it.

Is there a nicer way to restrict the user to entering numbers only, check the value is from 01-11 and retain the leading zero?

Thanks in advance 🙂 

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Whilst looking for something else I found this...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/restricting-form-field-to-numbers-without-separators-on-xi/td-p/10310570

... which answers my question using a custom Keystroke script 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whilst looking for something else I found this...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/restricting-form-field-to-numbers-without-separat...

... which answers my question using a custom Keystroke script 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines